Three short activities with a Winter Holiday theme that your middle school students will love! Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa are covered in a WebQuest / Internet Scavenger Hunt that help students understand the traditions of the different holidays.
There’s also two activities that don’t require computers: a word search puzzle with a Winter Holiday theme and a fun “How Many Words Can You Make?” activity that is great to play as a competition with teams.
Created for middle school, these lessons will work for upper elementary as well. Each lesson takes approximately one (50 minute) class period.
• Teacher & Student Resources
• Fun Facts about the Winter Holidays WebQuest Activity
• Fun Facts about the Winter Holidays WebQuest Answer Key
• Word Search Puzzle – the Winter Holidays Vocabulary
• Word Search Puzzle – the Winter Holidays Vocabulary Answer Key
• How Many Words Can You Make Puzzle – Winter Holidays
• How Many Words Can You Make Puzzle – Winter Holidays Answer Key
Total Pages: 14
Teaching Duration: 3 days