In this lesson, students create comics online using Canva (free): www.canva.com. No download is required to use the product, making it easy for teachers who are not able to download software on classroom computers to still give their students a choice in learning.
In these lessons, students are provided with a quick start tutorial, as well as links to other resources and tutorials to help them with their projects. The tutorial is intended to help students get started with the program and then use the additional resources within the program to refine their creations.
Also included is a list of 12 easy project ideas to allow the teacher and student a choice in how to demonstrate knowledge of Canva and the lesson content. Use one or let students choose from several! General project instructions and expectations, along with a grading rubric are also included.
· Access to computers for each student with Internet access
Project Duration (approximate)
· Whole class overview demonstration of the basic program tools and resources for the lesson(s):
½ to 1 (50 minute) class period
· Comic Creation Project: 1 – 3 (50 minute) class periods
Files Included with this Lesson
· Teacher Notes and Resources
· Student Expectations, Project Instructions and Grading Rubric
· Canva Quick Start Guide
· List of 12 easy project ideas to choose from
See a Preview: