In this lesson, students learn fun facts about Elon Musk and his inventions as they complete a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. Two versions of the WebQuest are included to let teachers print the questions or to provide them digitally as an interactive page in an editable Microsoft PowerPoint file.
Teachers can provide students with links to the suggested websites to assist with their search, or they can use this lesson as a method of helping them increase their ability to search the Internet effectively for information. Another option is to provide students with the specific website where the answer for each question is found (included in the answer key) to simplify the lesson further if needed. Additionally, a word search puzzle with answer key is included, perfect for early finishers or to use as a part of the lesson.
This lesson was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary as well.
- Computers with Internet access for each student (or pair of students)
- Software such as Microsoft Word/PowerPoint or Google Docs/Slides
- Teacher & Student Resources
- WebQuest questions for students – print and digital versions (fully editable)
- WebQuest Answer Key (non-editable, .pdf)
- Word Search Puzzle with Answer Key
Total Pages: 10
Lesson Duration: Approximately 1 hour
See a preview: