In this project based learning unit, students learn about hospitality careers as they work together with their team of “Event Planners” to plan a party or wedding. They research costs, utilizing a budget they create in MS Excel (or Google Sheets). Together they determine how they will divide the work of planning the event, creating an invitation and a menu (MS Word or Publisher or Google Docs/Slides). Finally, they research a career of choice and compile their information in MS PowerPoint or Google Slides.
This lesson is great for distance learning/remote learning. You can upload it to your school’s learning management system (Google Classroom, Edmodo, Canvas, etc.) or share with students via Google Drive.
Included with this Lesson
• Unit Overview & Teacher Resources
• Event Planning Project Expectations and Grading Information (4 self paced projects, taking a total of approximately 6-7 class periods of 55 minutes each)
• Group Planning Sheet
• Research/Reference Planning Sheet
• Budget Project Sample
• Invitation Project Sample
• Menu Project Sample
• Career Project (PowerPoint) Sample
See a preview: