In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about the history of Rock & Roll as they complete several projects including a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this lesson is a word search puzzle that includes an answer key, perfect for early finishers or as a part of the lesson. Finally, students research their choice of a Rock & Roll musician and create a presentation about their contributions to the field of Rock & Roll using their choice of Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides.
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in high school as well. This lesson could be used in a music, history or technology class and is also a great lesson to leave for a substitute teacher!
- Teacher & Student Resources
- The History of Rock & Roll WebQuest Activity (print and editable digital
- The History of Rock & Roll WebQuest Answer Key
- Word Search Puzzle – The History of Rock & Roll Vocabulary (includes answer key)
- The History of Rock & Roll Presentation Project Expectations with Rubric
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest – 1 (50 minute) class period
- Word Search Puzzle – 15 minutes
- Presentation Project (including research) – 1.5 -3 (50 minute) class periods
- Optional: additional time for students to present their project to the class (time will vary depending on class size).
Total Pages: 11
See a preview of this product