In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster as they complete a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this unit is a word search puzzle with a full answer key. Additionally, after these introductory activities, students complete a video project using the free Web 2.0 tool, Kizoa (www.kizoa.com).
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary or high school as well. This is also a great lesson to leave for a substitute teacher!
· Teacher & Student Resources
· Learning about the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster WebQuest Activity (print and editable digital files included)
· Learning about the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster WebQuest Answer Key
· Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster Word Search (with answer key)
· Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster Video Project (Kizoa)
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest – 1 (50 minute) class period
- Word Search Puzzle – 15 minutes
- Kizoa Video Project – 2-3 (50 minute) class periods
See a preview of this product