In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about the modern Broadway composer, Andrew Lloyd Webber and his work, as they complete several projects including a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Then, students research their choice of one of his famous musicals and create a presentation about it using their choice of Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides. If you prefer, students can work on the presentation project in partners or in a small group.
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in high school as well. This lesson could be used in a music, drama, history or technology class and is also a great lesson to leave for a substitute teacher!
- Computers with Internet access for each student (or pair of students)
- Software such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Software such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Learning about Andrew Lloyd Webber WebQuest Activity (print and
editable digital files included)
- Learning about Andrew Lloyd Webber WebQuest Answer Key
- Musical Composition of Andrew Lloyd Webber Project Expectations with Rubric
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest – 1 (50 minute) class period
- Presentation Project (including research) – 1.5 -3 (50 minute) class periods
- Optional: additional time for students to present their project to the class (time will vary depending on class size).
Total Pages = 9
See a preview of this product