In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about environmental science and the work of Rachel Carson as they complete several projects including a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this lesson is a word search puzzle which is perfect for early finishers or as a part of the lesson.
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in high school as well. This lesson could be used in a science, history or technology class and is appropriate for Earth Day. It is also a great lesson to leave for a substitute teacher!
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Environmental Science & The Work of Rachel Carson WebQuest Activity (print and editable digital files included)
- Environmental Science & The Work of Rachel Carson WebQuest Answer Key
- Word Search Puzzle – Environmental Science & The Work of Rachel Carson (includes answer key)
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest – 1 (50 minute) class period
- Word Search Puzzle – 20-30 minutes
View a preview of this product