In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about women who were involved with STEM careers and their contributions as they complete a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this lesson is a word search puzzle that includes an answer key, perfect for early finishers or as a part of the lesson.
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary or high school as well. This is also a great lesson to leave for a substitute teacher!
This lesson is great for distance learning/remote learning. You can upload it to your school’s learning management system (Google Classroom, Edmodo, Canvas, etc.) or share with students via Google Drive.
- Computers with Internet access for each student (or pair of students)
- Software such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Learning about Women in STEM WebQuest Activity (print and
- editable digital files included)
- Learning about Women in STEM WebQuest Answer Key
- Women in STEM – Word Search Puzzle and Answer Key
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- 1 (50 minute) class period
Total Pages = 10
See a preview of this product