In this lesson, students learn fun facts about volcanoes as they complete a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. Two versions of the WebQuest are included to let teachers print the questions or to provide them digitally as an interactive page in an editable Microsoft PowerPoint file. Also included is a word search puzzle with answer key, perfect as a part of the lesson, or as an extension activity for early finishers.
This lesson was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary as well.
· Computers with Internet access for each student (or pair of students)
· Software such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs
· Teacher & Student Resources
· WebQuest questions for students – print and digital versions (editable)
· WebQuest Answer Key (non-editable, .pdf)
· Word Search Puzzle with Answer Key
Approximate Lesson Duration:
· 1 – 2 (50 minute) class periods