The Winter Holiday Greeting Card Unit gives teachers and students three fun options to choose from to create a holiday project to share. Tutorials and projects are included for:
• Video eCard utilizing Kizoa (www.kizoa.com)
• Animated greeting card utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint
• Printable paper card, designed in Microsoft Word
Kizoa is a free Web 2.0 tool which allows students to create and edit videos online, as well as create ecards, photo collages, and edit photos. They can then share their finished product online or by saving it to their computer. No download is required to use the product, making it easy for teachers who are not able to download software on classroom computers to still give their students a choice in learning. The quick start tutorial included with the lesson is intended to help students get started with the program and then use the resources within the program to refine their creations. General project instructions and expectations, along with a grading rubric are also included.
They can also utilize Microsoft PowerPoint to create an animated greeting card. A complete, step-by-step instruction guide is included, along with the project expectations and rubric.
The third option is a more traditional paper card, created in Microsoft Word. A complete, step-by-step instruction guide is included, along with the project expectations and rubric.
Choose one for your students or let them choose! This is a great activity for that week before Winter Break
Files Included with this Lesson
• Teacher Notes and Resources
• Quick Getting Started Guide: Kizoa Tutorial for Students
• Video eCard Project Expectations & Rubric for Kizoa
• Animated eCard in Microsoft PowerPoint: Step-by-Step tutorial
• Animated eCard in Microsoft PowerPoint Project Expectations & Rubric
• Winter Holiday Printable Card in Microsoft Word: Step-by-Step tutorial
• Winter Holiday Printable Card in Microsoft Word: Student Expectations & Rubric
Total Pages: 26
Teaching Duration: 1 week