In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about the Titanic disaster as they complete several projects including a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this lesson is a word search puzzle that includes an answer key. Additionally, a timeline project is included, allowing students to utilize the Web 2.0 tool, Tiki-Toki (free, no download needed).
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary or high school as well. This cross-curricular lesson combines social studies/history with technology and is also a great lesson to leave for a substitute teacher!
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Important Moments in History: The Titanic Disaster WebQuest Activity
(print and editable digital files included)
- Important Moments in History: The Titanic Disaster WebQuest Answer
- Word Search Puzzle – Titanic Terms (includes answer key)
- Events of Titanic Disaster Timeline Project Expectations
- Quick Start Guide: Tiki-Toki (timeline program)
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest – 1 (50 minute) class period
- Word Search Puzzle – 15 minutes
- Timeline Project in Tiki-Toki (including research) – 1-2 (50 minute) class periods
See a preview of this product