In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy as they complete several projects including a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this lesson is a word search puzzle that includes an answer key. Additionally, a video project is included, allowing students to utilize Adobe Spark (free, no download needed).
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary or high school as well. This is also a great cross-curricular lesson combining social studies/history with technology, which also works well to leave for a substitute teacher!
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Important Moments in History: The Kennedy Assassination WebQuest Activity
(print and editable digital files included)
- Important Moments in History: The Kennedy Assassination WebQuest Answer
- Word Search Puzzle – Kennedy Assassination Terms (includes answer key)
- Events of JFK’s Assassination Video Project Expectations
- Quick Start Guide: Adobe Spark (video program)
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest – 1 (50 minute) class period
- Word Search Puzzle – 15 minutes
- Video Project in Adobe Spark (including research) – 1.5 – 3 (50 minute) class periods
See a preview of this product