In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy as they complete several projects including a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this lesson is a word search puzzle that includes an answer key. Additionally, a video project is included, allowing students to utilize Adobe Express (formerly Adobe Spark), a free, no download needed software option.
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary or high school as well. This is also a great cross-curricular lesson combining social studies/history with technology, which also works well to leave for a substitute teacher!
- Teacher & Student Resources
- Important Moments in History: The Kennedy Assassination WebQuest Activity
(print and editable digital files included)
- Important Moments in History: The Kennedy Assassination WebQuest Answer
- Word Search Puzzle – Kennedy Assassination Terms (includes answer key)
- Events of JFK’s Assassination Video Project Expectations
- Quick Start Guide: Adobe Express/Spark (video program)
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest – 1 (50 minute) class period
- Word Search Puzzle – 15 minutes
- Video Project in Adobe Express (including research) – 1.5 – 3 (50 minute) class periods
See a preview of this product