In this lesson, students learn interesting facts about the invention of clocks and watches as they complete several projects including a WebQuest (Internet Scavenger Hunt) to answer questions about the topic. A complete answer key is provided for the WebQuest for easy grading, along with resources for both teachers and students. The student questions are included in both a print version and a digital (editable) version to make it easy for students to complete the lesson digitally or on paper. Also included with this lesson is a word search puzzle and an answer key, which is perfect for early finishers or as a part of the lesson.
This lesson is intended to be an introduction to the topic and was designed for middle school (grades 6-8) but could be used in upper elementary or high school as well.This lesson could be used in a history or technology class and is also a great lesson to leave for a substitute teacher!
- Teacher & Student Resources
- The Invention of Clocks and Watches WebQuest Activity (print and editable digital files included)
- The Invention of Clocks and Watches WebQuest Answer Key
- Word Search Puzzle – The Invention of Clocks and Watches, includes answer key)
Approximate Lesson Duration:
- WebQuest – 1 (50 minute) class period
- Word Search Puzzle – 20-30 minutes
Total Pages: 10
See a preview of this lesson